Coronavirus (COVID-19) Preparedness Information Learn More
Regional Blood Donation
COVID-19 Preparedness Information
Blood donation is considered an essential act and is safe to do at this time. Blood is an essential part of health care and the need for blood is constant. It is encouraged that all healthy, eligible donors consider donating during this time. We are taking additional precautionary measures to help protect you and our staff.
Until further notice, all health care facilities must perform a health evaluation of all individuals that are not under the care of the facility each time the individual seeks to enter the facility and must deny entry to those individuals who do not meet the evaluation criteria. The evaluation criteria include:
- Symptoms of a respiratory infection such as fever, cough, shortness of breath or sore throat;
- And contact in the last 14 days with someone with a confirmed diagnosis of COVID-19.
- All patients and approved WELL visitors are required to wear a mask.
- We are disinfecting chairs, tables, equipment, and other frequently touched items in between donors.
- We are following the CDC recommendation and the Governor’s executive order that anyone who enters our facility must wear a face mask at all times.
- We are asking donors to respect social distancing and to remain 6 feet apart.
- We are limiting donors to 3 at a time on our bloodmobile.
Our commitment to quality
The UPHS Regional Blood Center is inspected and accredited by the American Association of Blood Banks. AABB standards set the level of professional proficiency for blood banks in the U.S. Also, the Blood Center is registered and licensed with the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) as a blood establishment.
Blood banks like the UPHS Regional Blood Center that provide blood products for transfusion cannot offer rewards, such as cash, that could influence a donor to misrepresent his or her health history or risks for spreading infectious diseases like HIV or hepatitis. Prohibiting valuable incentives is one way the Food and Drug Administration and the blood banking community help ensure that the blood supply remains safe.
For information to set up a blood drive or make a blood donation appointment, please call the UPHS Regional Blood Center - 906-449-1450 or 1-800-491-4483 (GIVE)
To continually improve the health, satisfaction, and well being of the people of the Upper Peninsula.
To be the provider of blood products donated by U.P. volunteer donors to the residents and care providers in the U.P.
To provide the highest quality, value, and reliability of products, services, and customer satisfaction with the most efficient use of resources, while continuing to improve our performance.
UP Health System | Regional Blood Center – MARQUETTE
427 West College Ave | Marquette, MI 49855
We collect platelets by Appointment
APPOINTMENTS | 906.449.1450 or 800.491.4483(GIVE)
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday | 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Wednesday | 8:00 AM – 6:00 PM
Friday | 7:00 AM – 4:00 PM
UP Health System | Regional Blood Center – ESCANABA
710 South Lincoln, Suite 200 | Escanaba, MI 49829
We collect platelets by Appointment
APPOINTMENTS | 906.786.8420
Monday – Friday | 8:00 AM – 4:00 PM
UP Health System | Regional Blood Center – HANCOCK
787 Market St. Suite 6 | Hancock, MI 49930
APPOINTMENTS | 906.483.1392
Monday, Tuesday | 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Wednesday | 8:30 AM – 4:00 PM
Thursday, Friday | 8:30 AM – 1:00 PM
UP Health System | Regional Blood Center – IRON MOUNTAIN
1711 S. Stephenson Ave. Medical Arts Building Suite 120 | Iron Mountain, MI 49801
APPOINTMENTS | 906.774.1012
Monday, Tuesday | 7:30 AM – 4:00 PM
Every other Wednesday | 7:30 AM – 4:00 PM
The UPHS Regional Blood Center Bloodmobile is an entirely self-contained mobile collection unit, with reclining blood donor chairs and a private interview room. A retractable outdoor awning can be used to house registration tables for blood donors. If you are interested in holding a blood drive at your facility, please call 906.449.1450 to make arrangements.
Serving 13 Upper Peninsula Hospitals
Areas we serve
- Aspirus Keweenaw Hospital & Clinics | Laurium
- Aspirus Ironwood Hospital and Clinics | Ironwood
- Aspirus Iron River Hospital & Clinics | Iron River
- Aspirus Ontonagon Hospital & Clinics | Ontonagon
- Baraga County Memorial Hospital | L'Anse
- Dickinson County Healthcare System | Iron Mountain
- Helen Newberry Joy Hospital | Newberry
- Munising Memorial Hospital | Munising
- UP Health System – Bell | Ishpeming
- UP Health System – Marquette
- UP Health System – Portage | Hancock
- Schoolcraft Memorial Hospital | Manistique
- War Memorial Hospital | Sault Ste. Marie
Find a blood drive near you
You can help
The UPHS Regional Blood Center encourages donors to give blood to help patients in need. We are also always looking for blood drive sponsors and coordinators.
For information to set up a blood drive or make a blood donation appointment, please call the
UPHS Regional Blood Center at 906.449.1450 or 800.491.4483(GIVE).
Rachel Heath -
Coordinator of Blood Collections
427 West College Ave. | Marquette, Mi 49855
PHONE | 906.449-1450
Follow us online
DISCLAIMER: It is the policy of UP Health System - Marquette to admit and treat all residents without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, or handicap.
- Family Medicine
- Heart & Vascular
- Brain & Spine
- Cancer Care
- Clinical Research
- Breast Center
- Inpatient Rehabilitation
- Women's Health
- Digestive and Liver
- Bariatric Medicine
- Emergency Services
- Laboratory Services
- Behavioral Health
- Regional Blood Donation
- All Services