Coronavirus (COVID-19) Preparedness Information Learn More
Coronavirus (COVID-19) Information
Our hospital is committed to providing the highest quality care and ensuring the safety of our patients, employees, providers, volunteers, and visitors. We are continuing to monitor the evolving situation with the coronavirus (COVID-19) and are taking the necessary steps to ensure we are fully prepared to care for patients, in accordance with guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and in partnership with our local and state health departments.
Below are a number of resources to help educate you and your family on COVID-19, based on current knowledge and understanding. We encourage you to check back frequently for the most up-to-date information.
Thank you for continuing to do your part to help slow the spread of COVID-19 by wearing masks, maintaining social distancing and practicing proper hand hygiene.
We are continuing to wear masks out of an abundance of caution and to protect our patients and each other. In accordance with state and federal guidelines, the following safety protocols have not changed:
- Isolating our COVID-19 patients
- Enforcing universal masking
- Limiting access to symptomatic individuals
- Implementing the most effective cleaning & distribution protocols throughout our facilities.
COVID-19 Online Risk Assessment
To help support the health of our community, we are providing access to an online COVID-19 risk assessment developed by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). This tool does NOT provide a diagnosis, and it should NOT be used as a substitute for an assessment made by a healthcare provider.
- The main entrance to the hospital is open from 5 am – 8 pm, Monday through Friday, and from 8 am - 8 pm Saturday and Sunday.
- The Emergency Department entrance is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- The Baraga Bistro Café will only be open for employees.
- Click here to see the current Visitor Restrictions in place.
These measures are in place to protect our facility and our community. Please know that our providers and clinical teams are well-trained and prepared to manage outbreaks of infectious diseases, including COVID-19, seasonal flu, and other respiratory illnesses.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention | www.cdc.gov
- Michigan Department of Health & Human Services | www.michigan.gov
- CALL CENTER | 1.888.535.6136 (open 7 days a week, 8 am - 5 pm)
- Marquette County Health Department | www.co.marquette.mi.us
- Western Upper Peninsula Health Department | www.wupdhd.org
- CALL CENTER | 906.487.5545 (open Monday - Friday, 8 am - 4 pm)
- The state has set up a link on the Michigan.gov/coronavirus website for those wishing to help. To volunteer, click the link below