Cardiothoracic Surgery (Open Heart)
UP Health System’s cardiac surgical teams perform hundreds of open heart surgeries every year. Skill and experience of the team provides the foundation for consistently excellent patient outcomes, including “lower than expected” mortality rates in several surgical categories.
Surgery is only performed after all options have been fully explored, including interventional cardiology procedures that can sometimes avoid the need for surgery.
If surgery is required, patients and their families will meet with members of the surgical team, which includes cardiothoracic surgeons who have received advanced fellowship training.
Cardiovascular Surgical Services
- Atrial and ventricular septal defect repairs
- Coronary Artery Bypass Grafting (CABG), commonly known as bypass surgery
- Implantable Cardioverter Defibrillator (ICD) procedures to treat abnormal heart rhythms
- Minimally invasive open heart surgery
- Myocardial biopsy
- Myomectomy for heart tumors
- Off-Pump Coronary Artery Bypass Grafting
- Pacemaker insertions
- Thoracic aorta repairs
- Traumatic heart injuries
- Valve repair and replacement, using mechanical valves and bioprosthetic valves
- Ventricular aneurysm repair
For more information or to make an appointment, please call (906) 225-3870.
- Family Medicine
- Heart & Vascular
- Brain & Spine
- Cancer Care
- Clinical Research
- Breast Center
- Inpatient Rehabilitation
- Women's Health
- Digestive and Liver
- Bariatric Medicine
- Emergency Services
- Laboratory Services
- Behavioral Health
- All Services