Oftentimes, managing your weight can become overwhelming. The UP Health System - Marquette Bariatric & Metabolic Institute offers safe and effective treatment options for obesity, from behavior modification and nutrition guidance to bariatric surgery.
We specialize in the treatment of obesity. When left untreated, obesity can lead to diabetes, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, and higher risk of cancer. Metabolic and bariatric surgery is a safe and effective treatment for preventing or reversing these conditions.
Following bariatric surgery:
- at least 80% of patients will reverse Type 2 diabetes
- at least 65% of patients no longer have high blood pressure
- 3 years after surgery 60-80% of patients are still at a healthy weight.
Medical Weight Management
Derek Nagle, MD
Michelle Lexmond, PA
- Laparoscopic sleeve gastrectomy surgery
- Laparoscopic Roux-en-Y Gastric Bypass Surgery
- Medical Weight Management
- Registered dietitian visits
- Monthly Public Education Seminars
- Monthly online Bariatric Support Group
- Bariatric Friendly Supplements/Foods
- Bariatric friendly vitamins/minerals
UP Health System - Marquette has been designated as a Blue Distinction Center+ for Bariatric Surgery.*
* Blue Distinction Centers (BDC) met overall quality measures for patient safety and outcomes, developed with input from the medical community. A Local Blue Plan may require additional criteria for facilities located in its own service area; for details, contact your Local Blue Plan. Blue Distinction Centers+ (BDC+) also met cost measures that address consumers’ need for affordable healthcare. Each facility’s cost of care is evaluated using data from its Local Blue Plan. Facilities in CA, ID, NY, PA, and WA may lie in two Local Blue Plans’ areas, resulting in two evaluations for cost of care; and their own Local Blue Plans decide whether one or both cost of care evaluation(s) must meet BDC+ national criteria. National criteria for BDC and BDC+ are displayed on www.bcbs.com. Individual outcomes may vary. For details on a provider’s in-network status or your own policy’s coverage, contact your Local Blue Plan and ask your provider before making an appointment. Neither Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association nor any Blue Plans are responsible for non-covered charges or other losses or damages resulting from Blue Distinction or other provider finder information or care received from Blue Distinction or other providers.
One call can help you decide what services are right for you. Call 906.449.1460.