UP Health System -Marquette Volunteer Services
Earn valuable experience in the healthcare setting by becoming a volunteer at UP Health System - Marquette.
Questions? Want to volunteer?
Call 906-225-3280 or apply now!
Benefits of becoming a volunteer:
- Learn new skills
- Boost career opportunities
- Gain new experiences
- Meet and socialize with new people
- Feel motivated and inspired
- Find new interests and hobbies
- Be passionate about a cause
- Have a strong sense of achievement
- Giving back and be a part of your community
- Make a difference one person at a time
What is a hospital volunteer?
"A volunteer is a person who is a light to others, giving withness in a mixed-up age, doing well and willingly the tasks at hand - namely, being aware of another's needs and doing something about it."
"It is the greatest of all mistakes to do nothing because you can only do little -- do what you can." - Sydney Smith
"A volunteer is a person whose charity is fidelity, who is faithful in an unfaithful world, giving when all about are grasping, listening when others need to tell about their fears and problems."
"A volunteer is a person who remembers to do the thing to make other people happy, who takes the loneliness out of the alone by talking to them, who is concerned when others are unconcerned, who has the courage to be a prophet and to say the things that have to be said for the good of all."
- From "The Beacon Newsletter of Birthrite." South Africa
- Dog Therapy
- Information Desk
- Operating Room Waiting Lounge
- Patient Tray Favors
- Special Projects
- Spiritual Care Services
Who Can Volunteer?
- Must be 18 years and older
- College students encouraged to apply
- Call 906-225-3280 to learn more, or apply online.
Questions? Want to volunteer? Call 906-225-3280 or apply now!
- Family Medicine
- Heart & Vascular
- Brain & Spine
- Cancer Care
- Clinical Research
- Inpatient Rehabilitation
- Women's Health
- Digestive and Liver
- Bariatric Medicine
- Emergency Services
- Behavioral Health
- All Services
- Education Services
- Food and Nutrition Services
- Home Care & Hospice
- Laboratory Services
- Medical Records
- Nutrition & Wellness-Diabetes Ed
- Occupational Medicine
- Organ Donation
- Pain Network
- Pediatric Neurology
- Pelvic Floor
- Regional Blood Donation
- Respiratory Medicine
- Superior Health Partners
- Superior Wellness Center
- Volunteer Services
- Walking & Balance
- Wound Care & Hyperbaric Medicine
- Marquette Institutional Review Board