Paid While You Learn - Nursing Internships
This years Critical
Care Internship Program at Marquette General Health System
is designed as a bridge for graduate nurses from nursing
school to a career as a professional critical care nurse in the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit.
This unique program is a 12-16 weeks, preceptor-led individualized clinical
orientation with additional classroom education. Clinical and classroom education
by the Clinical Management Team, the Neonatal Nurse Practitioners and experienced NICU Nurses. Training
is provided in the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit as well as the Family Birthing Center.
Internship Program highlights
• Full-time paid positions with health care, vision
and dental benefits eli gable.
• One-on-one preceptor ship during the critical care
orientation in which the intern and RN share the
• A competency based orientation
• Clinical experiences are designed to be progressive in nature and are
individualized by an experienced Clinical Nurse manager.
• Opportunity to work in state-of-the-art, teaching hospital with a multidisciplinary
• Specialized educational opportunities such as attending C-section and deliveries, Hemodynamic monitoring and vented infant management as well as neonatal transports.
• Additional educational components provided - NRP, Stable and Pals.
• After successful completion of the 12 - 16 week orientation,
interns will be scheduled on the units for five months
prior to being eligible to bid on positions in one of these
• Graduate nurse from an accredited school of nursing.
• Participants must pass state nursing boards and become
licensed as an RN in Michigan within 90 days of start of the
• All successful applicants must be willing to commit
to 6240 hours of employment at Marquette General
For more information, please contact
Human Resources Representative – Eric Knauss
At - 906 225 7090 or 800 562 9753, ext. 7090.