Marquette Family Medicine Residency Program
Resident Stipend & Benefits
- 1st year resident: $49,158 contract year
- 2nd year resident: $50,877 contract year
- 3rd year resident: $52,333 contract year
- 1st year resident: $1,100 per contract year
- 2nd year resident: $1,200 per contract year
- 3rd year resident: $1,300 per contract year
While enrolled in the residency program, the hospital will provide the resident with benefits, pursuant to hospital policy, as more particularly set forth as follows:
- A comprehensive health insurance policy (Resident and Family).
- Dental insurance policy (Resident and Family).
- Disability Insurance (Provided).
- Vision (VSP) (Resident and Family - Additional premium for family coverage to be paid by resident).
- Unemployment (As may be legally required).
- Workman’s Compensation (As may be legally required).
- Professional Liability (Malpractice).
Resident will be responsible for deductibles, co-pays, and premium participation on various health, dental, and vision plans per hospital policy.
- 20 days paid time off, which includes vacation, professional, CME and sick leave. No more than 15 days can be taken for vacation.
- While on duty in the hospital. Meals also provided for spouse and dependent children when visiting the resident during meals while on in-house call.
- American College of Osteopathic Family Physicians (ACOFP) (DOs)
- American Osteopathic Association (AOA) (DOs)
- Michigan Osteopathic Association (MOA) (DOs)
- Michigan State Medical Society (MSMS)
- American Academy of Family Physicians (AAFP)
- Two white coats
- Payment for Comlex III Exam, license fees, expenses for required away rotations
- Relocation Expenses – Up to $1,000
- iPhone w/paid phone plan while in residency training
- Up-To-Date Online – Free for all UP Health System physicians
For Healthcare Professionals
- New Employees
- Family Medicine Residency
- One Call - Patient Transfer Center
- MSU College of Human Medicine UP Campus
- School of EMT
- Health Sciences Library
- Nursing Portal
- Physician Portal
- Physician Knowledge Systems
- Physician Journals
- Physician Resources
- Medical Staff
- Outpatient Pharmacy
- Marquette County EMS Medical Control Authority
- Antibiotic Awareness & Information