Patient Access / Admissions
- Advance Directive to document your wishes for your care
- Hospital Map
- Directions to Hospital Departments
- Directions to Patient Access
- Free Valet Parking at UP Health System - Marquette!
- Consent to Treat Minor Without Parent/Guardian Present
For your health, and the health of those who care for you, UP Health System - Marquette Main Campus,Clinics, and home health offices are now Tobacco Free. Any questions may be directed to the Employee Health Office at X3841, or toll free at 1-800-562-9753, Ext. 3841.
Patients are usually admitted to the hospital according to a pre-set time. Every effort is made to process admissions quickly at the scheduled time. Emergencies may occasionally delay admissions. You maybe called prior to your admission to pre register for your procedure. This will enable you to go directly to your site of service without stopping in Patient Access.
If you were not given an arrival time, or if you will have special needs on arrival, please call Patient Access at 906-225-3302, or toll free, 1-800-562-9753 ext. 3302, in Michigan or N.E. Wisconsin.
Patient Access, is on the ground floor of the North Wing, is open 24 hours a day. When you arrive at the hospital, you may use the convenient patient drop-off canopy at the main doors of the North Wing at 580 W. College Avenue, or park in the deck, take the elevator to the third floor, and go down to the main lobby. Patient Access is located at the back of the main lobby. Directions
If you arrive between 11pm and 5am, use the 3rd floor of the parking ramp entrance. Use the intercom to the right of the automatic door to gain entry.
The registration specialist will ask for personal data and insurance information. Please bring health insurance cards with you, and other information as instructed by your doctor. Some insurance companies have pre-admission requirements that only you can check before you can be admitted.
- An I.D. bracelet placed on your wrist must be worn for your entire hospital stay.
- All patient rooms are semi-private.
- Your time in patient access will be shorter if pre-admission testing has been done or if pre-admission information has been obtained.
- Please call 906.449.3000 or 1-800-562-9753 ext. 3109.
- If you would like an itemized statement of your hospital charges, please tell the registration specialist while you are being admitted.
Pre-admission testing (PAT)Your doctor may order tests to be done before you enter UP Health System - Marquette DLP. PAT gives the doctor test results and speeds up admission. At the time of testing, your general admitting and insurance information will be taken. Please have your insurance cards available at this time.
The most convenient place for PAT is the UP Health System - Marquette DLP Lab/Admitting Office located in the Peninsula Medical Center, 1414 W. Fair Avenue, Suite 136. Testing may also be completed at UP Health System - Marquette DLP, your local hospital or your doctors office.
If PAT is done at your community hospital or doctors office, please bring the test results when you come to UP Health System - Marquette DLP.
The registration specialist will ask you to sign:
- An admission consent form
- A payment agreement
- A assignment of benefits and release of medical information
- A medicare authorization when applicable
Please read the consent forms before signing, or ask to have them read to you. The registration specialist will be happy to answer any questions you may have.
You may be asked to sign other consent forms, such as consent for surgery. Your doctor or nurse will explain these forms to you before you sign.
If you need an itemized bill after you are discharged, please tell us, and we will make the arrangements for you.
Organ and Tissue Donation
Everyone should consider the benefits of organ donation and indicate preferences by signing the back of your driver's license. You should also talk about organ donation with your loved ones. This topic can also be dealt with through the use of an advance directive.
Patient Bill of Rights
Provided in your patient information packet you will receive a copy of the hospital's "Patient Bill of Rights." This is also available upon request.
For Patients and Visitors
- Mission, Vision and High Five
- Welcome from Our CEO
- Executive Team & Board of Trustees
- Quality & Safety
- For Patients and Visitors
- Contact Us
- Non-Discrimination Notice
- Understanding Billing and Charges
- Patient Feedback
- Sponsorship Request
- Patient and Family Advisory Board
- Community Benefit Report
- Phone Directory